For all my sweet tooth’s out there, we’ve got a brand new recipe to give to you today! Cupcakes are the greatest baked good ever known to mankind (if you disagree you can fight me on this). They’re cute, delicious, and can come in any possible flavour imaginable.
We’ve got a recipe for one of our team’s favourite flavours (except for one member, she says it tastes like grass, and for that, we’re kicking her out of the squad. jks. ilys) – Green Tea!! So get your matcha powder ready and prepare yourself for some green tea goodness.
What you’re going to need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 and a half cups of sugar
- half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of matcha powder (or as much matcha powder as you want. we’re flexible.)
- a pinch of salt
- 30 grams of butter
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
What you’re going to have to do:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Prepare cupcake tray with cupcake patties. Make sure they’re cute, and go with the colour green.
2. In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.
3. With an electric mixer, or by hand, beat together your butter and sugar until smooth, for roughly about 3 minutes.
4. Beat in your eggs to the butter and sugar, one at a time, until everything is evenly mixed together.
5. Slowly add in your dry ingredients and milk (pour in alternatively, little by little, not all at once) and mix until everything is fully distributed and your batter is smooth.
6. Evenly pour your batter into your cupcake liners, making sure to only fill ¾ of the way full.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow cupcakes to cool on a wire rack and proceed to make the Matcha Buttercream Frosting.
1 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
3 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of matcha green tea powder (can add less or more depending on how much green tea flavour you would like)
1. Slowly whisk together the butter and powdered sugar, incorporating the sugar in batches
2. Add the milk and matcha green tea powder and beat until light and fluffy
Now you can use a frosting pipe or simply spread the frosting on your cupcakes with a knife! Garnish with a sprinkle of matcha powder or some green tea Kit Kats from your nearest Asian Grocer for an extra green tea boost!